|Mission & Values |
Since 1982, WTC has been addressing issues of social justice from a faith and spiritual perspective. We work to facilitate transformation through learning from and cultivating the leadership of women from diverse communities and through sharing tools for working authentically across differences of race, class, sexuality, religion, etc.
Mission & Values
Our mission is to engage and support women's spiritual leadership, using the power of our gifts, deepest values and hopes as a creative force to strengthen ourselves and our communities, to bridge differences, and to work for justice throughout society.
Toward the achievement of our mission, in all we do, we seek to exercise and promote the following values in individuals, organizations and systems:
- shared leadership and ownership across differences of culture, tradition, history, identity, access to institutional power, etc.
- intentionality and purposefulness
- critical reflection
- commitment to transformation
- reliance on Spirit
The core competencies we bring to promoting our mission and values include:
- incubating spiritual leadership
- acting with and encouraging authenticity
- promoting transformation by tending relationships and building community at all levels -- including the inner, interpersonal, institutional, and ideological/cultural
- cultivating awareness